Grilled Tuna Salad with Smoky & Spicy Mayo
This article originally appeared on Traeger Grills.
Smoke tuna steaks low and slow to enhance them with a wood-fired flavor. Shred them & toss with chipotle mayo for the tastiest tuna salad you’ve ever had.
- 2 Whole Tuna, steak
- As Needed Traeger Salmon Shake
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon celery, diced
- 2 Tablespoon Green Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, minced
- 67/100 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Teaspoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard, whole-grain
- To Taste pepper
- To Taste fresh lemon juice
- Start the Traeger on Smoke.
- Season the tuna steaks on all sides with the Salmon Shake. Place the tuna steaks on the grill to smoke.
- Smoke the tuna steaks for 30 minutes to an hour (depending on how much smoke you want to taste).
- After they've finished smoking, remove from the grill and turn the heat up to High and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drizzle the olive oil on both sides of the tuna.
- Grill the tuna for about 6 to 8 minutes, flipping the tuna halfway through (or until done to your fish liking).
- After the tuna has cooled, gently flake apart and toss with the celery, green onion, and parsley.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, chipotle chile powder, capers and season with pepper, to taste. Lightly stir to combine. Add lemon juice, to taste. Enjoy!